Amelia Park Children’s Museum is hiring for the position of Executive Director.
The Executive Director supervises and directs all staff and operations of the Museum and interfaces regularly with the Board of Directors in establishing priorities and carrying out the mission of the Museum of providing creative and hands-on exhibits and activities in a way which fosters a climate of learning and exploration for young children and their families.
This is a part-time position for 25 to 30 hours per week.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to Michael Roundy, APCM Board President, at 29 South Broad Street, P.O. Box 931, Westfield, MA 01085, or preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visitor Experience Host
Part time (8-20 hoursper week), $12.00 per hour, Weekdays and/or weekends
Located in Westfield,MA, Amelia Park Children’s Museum serves children (primarily ages 1-7) and their caregivers. Through interactive exhibits, daily activities, and special events, APCM provides a fun and educational environment for learning through play.
Creating a fun environment for children begins with creating a fun workplace for staff. APCM offers flexible schedules, opportunities to become creatively involved, and new challenges and learning experiences for all staff. With a relatively small workforce(under 15 employees), everyone has the opportunity to participate in multiple aspects of museum operations.
About the Job
Visitor Experience Hosts have a variety of responsibilities including:
· Working directly with children and caregivers on the museum floor to enhance the visitor experience, and to keep the museum exhibits neat and presentable.
· Preparing the museum for opening and closing.
· Preparing and presenting art, science, and reading programs.
· Assisting with day-to-day operations such as birthday party/field trip booking, setup, and cleanup.
· Assisting at the admissions desk by checking in visitors,processing memberships, and answering phone calls.
· Assisting with feeding/care of the museum’s live animals.
· Be outgoing and enjoy working one-on-one with children and families in an environment that can be noisy.
· Have experience working directly with children.
· Be respectful and committed to providing excellent customer service to all visitors.
· Have experience handling cash, making change, working with a register.
· Be willing to assist with keeping the museum clean and safe.
· Be at least 18 years old.
· Love of animals isn’t necessary, but it’s a plus!
Please email your resume to email@example.com or drop it off in person (Thursday-Monday) at 29 S. Broad St. Westfield, MA.
Amelia Park Children's Museum welcomes volunteers who have an interest in working with and on behalf of children. Many opportunities are available to volunteer your time and talent.
Volunteer projects vary throughout the year. We are looking for story tellers, face-painters, event set up and cleanup, music-sing along leaders, puppetry, fundraising, arts and crafts.
Whether you’re an individual interested in ongoing projects or a group wishing to participate in a Done-in-a-Day program, you can help provide vital services and support to many departments within the Amelia Park Children’s Museum.
Please apply in person during museum hours, call (413) 572-4014 or e-mail Katherine Daly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Volunteers age 18 and older must agree to have a CORI background report performed.