Plunge participants take a dip in Hampton Ponds to raise funds for the Amelia Park Children’s Museum. Enjoy the thrill of the big chill while knowing you are contributing to the museum’s largest fundraiser of the year! “Penguins” solicit donations from family, friends and local businesses in order to take the plunge.
Incentive prizes for money raised and awards are given in a number of categories.
- Penguin Excelsior - 2015 Plunger Raising the Most Money
- Individual Best Costume Award
- Best Team Costume Award
Download and fill out the registration form and either email it to WestfieldPlunge@gmail.com or print it out and mail or fax it back! Pledge form is included in download, Plungers will need this form to collect their pledges.
Get all the info you need to know here and review this entire page for answers to all your questions. Still have some? Call the Amelia Park Children's Museum at (413) 572-4014
Hampton Ponds State Park
Amelia Park Children's Museum is challenging all to bath in the cool waters of Hampton Ponds State Park in Westfield.
View Larger Map
at the Museum on Friday, January 30th 6-8 p.m.
Submit your registration and all your pledges, receive your plunger packet and avoid lines on the day of the event.
- On-site Registration starts at 11 a.m. on Saturday
- Safety Briefing at 12:45 p.m.
- Start plunging at 1 p.m.
Kids under 18 can plunge with a signed waiver from a parent/guardian and the parent needs to be present at the event.
- The Penguin Plunge is an alcohol-free event.
- The Plunge is a family event and the event committee reserves the right to remove any participant and/or spectator from the grounds for behavior that does not adhere to the existing policies, and/or is deemed offensive to others. This includes possession of open containers or other illegal substances, public intoxication, lewd or inappropriate costumes, or otherwise disorderly conduct, among other things.
- Following State Parks regulations, anyone found to be in possession of any alcoholic beverage will receive a citation for Alcohol in a Non-Designate Area by the Natural Resources (Environmental) Police.
- We are guests of the Hampton Ponds State Park and ask all visitors obey park rules.
- Absolutely NO DIVING allowed.
- Plungers MUST Plunge inside the designated Plunge Zone. Only registered Plunge participants and chaperones of minor Plunge participants (15 years of age or younger) will be granted to the secure Plunge Zone.
- Anyone of any age can participate, but participants under 18 must have signed parental permission from a parent or guardian.
- No change will be given at registration. Please have exact change only.
- Plunge attire is swimsuit and/or athletic gear (shorts, t-shirts, etc.), or a costume.
- PLEASE BE RESPONSIBLE!